Wednesday 20 April 2011

Bluebell Time



Yesterday afternoon (in bright sunshine and 21*C.) I went to the Ashridge Estate in Hertfordshire to see the Bluebells (hyacinthoides non-scripta) which are at their best about now. As soon as I opened the car door I was hit by the heady scent that seemed to fill the whole area and the sight of a vast carpet of blue covering the woodland floor was just amazing. With hindsight perhaps I should have visited earlier in the day because it was crowded, and getting a photograph without lots of people in was rather difficult but with a little perseverance I did manage to get a few shots worth keeping! 


6 comments:

holdingmoments said...

You've captured one of the best sights of this time of year Trevor. Excellent shots mate.
And those two blooms on their own are superb.

The Herald said...

Thanks Keith. Yeh, it was a spectacular sight (only spoiled by the people! lol)

Roy said...

These are the best Bluebell shots I have seen Trevor, especially that first one. Brilliant.

The Herald said...

Thanks Roy, it certainly tried my patience trying to get pictures without crowds of people in them.

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

People can sometimes ruin a photo, but I love that one of the person on the path through the bluebells. It lends perspective.

The Herald said...

Thanks Linda. yeh, there were lots of people around and I tried to be creative by using them to enhance the pictures where possible. Some worked and some didn't. lol.